At The St. Louis Trust Company we believe that it is essential to protect the privacy of client information. The nature and importance of our client relationships require the highest standards of confidentiality and discretion. We have prepared this notice to provide our clients with a summary of the personal information that we may collect and maintain during the course of our relationship, our policy regarding the use of that information and the measures we take to safeguard that information. We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share it with others as described in this notice. This notice describes the privacy practices of The St. Louis Family Office, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, The St. Louis Trust Company (collectively referred herein to as “The St. Louis Trust Company/we/our/us”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of our business relationship, we obtain personal information about clients, including but not limited to:
- Information received directly from clients in the course of meetings or other communications.
- Information received from clients on applications, surveys or other forms (such as name, address, social security number, employment history, income, assets, beneficiaries and investment objectives).
- Information received about client transactions with financial institutions (such as account activity, loan history and transaction information from other financial advisers and banks with whom clients work).
- Information that might be received from outside agencies or other advisers or investment managers with whom clients work.
HOW WE USE IT
The St. Louis Trust Company strives to limit sharing of personal information about clients with third parties. However, in order to provide the quality service that our clients know and expect from us, from time to time we may need to share personal information about our clients with third parties. The situations that may require us to share personal information with third parties include, but are not limited to, the following circumstances:
- We may disclose personal information to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, when required to process transactions or provide information to service client accounts. These third parties may include, but are not limited to, custodians, money managers, account brokers, accounting or other professional firms involved in tax return preparation or other planning for client accounts.
- We may disclose personal information to third party consultants, vendors or companies for the purposes of improving or maintaining the functionality and integrity of our computer systems, websites or services.
- We may disclose personal information in limited circumstances to third parties where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
The above list is not meant as a complete description of the disclosures that we may make; rather, it is intended to provide a general idea of situations in which we may disclose personal information about clients.
We educate our employees on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of client personal information and hold them to strict compliance. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with industry standards to guard client personal information.
CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Clients may remove or revise any of their personal information in our client records at any time by contacting us.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
If clients have any questions regarding the security of their information, they should not hesitate to contact us at 314-727-4600.